Code of Conduct
Updated 20 January 2022
Modified for shift from hybrid to fully virtual format
The Organizers of the 6th Global Forum on TB Vaccines (“6th Global Forum” or “Conference”) are committed to providing a professional, inclusive, respectful, and safe environment for all people involved in the conference – including attendees, speakers, session chairs, media, sponsors, staff, and volunteers (“Participants”) – regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion (or lack thereof). The Organizers value the diversity of views, expertise, opinions, backgrounds, and experiences among Participants and believe this diversity is fundamental to the scientific exchange and open dialogue that is encouraged at the 6th Global Forum.
Creating a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment is a shared responsibility. All Participants are expected to conduct themselves with integrity and to treat all other Participants fairly and with dignity and respect, and to abide by the following Code of Conduct whether attending in-person or online.
The Organizers have zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination, harassment, or bullying, whether it be physical or verbal, by Participants at the 6th Global Forum and reserve the right to take any action necessary to uphold the principles outlined in this Code, including revoking a Participant’s admission to the 6th Global Forum without a refund.
- Be considerate and respectful of other Participants and of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences. While you may critique ideas in a constructive manner, personal attacks directed toward other Participants will not be tolerated.
- Frame presentations, discussions, and questions as openly and inclusively as possible and be aware of how language or images may be perceived by others.
- Follow the rules and policies of the host country and city, the conference venue and/or the virtual platform.
- Turn off mobile phone ringers and notifications and any other devices that may disrupt Conference sessions.
- Follow the social media policy and respect any presenter’s request not to share information on public platforms, including pictures or screenshots of presentations and slides. Recordings of presentations or slidedecks for public use are not allowed.
- Harassment, sexual harassment, bullying, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Disparaging comments related to gender, gender identity or appearance, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, political views, or affiliation.
- Physical or verbal abuse, threatening or stalking of any Participant.
- Disrupting presentations at sessions or during other Conference-related events and activities.
- Submitting transmitting, distributing, or displaying any content that may be deemed as defamatory, libelous, obscene, harassing, threatening, incendiary, abusive, racist, offensive, deceptive or fraudulent, encouraging criminal or fraudulent conduct, or which is otherwise objectionable.
- Collecting or attempting to collect, and/or sharing personal information about Participants without their consent.
- Impersonating any person or entity; falsely claiming an affiliation with any person or entity; misrepresenting the source, identity, or content of information transmitted via the virtual platform or other conference systems, or perform any other similar fraudulent activity.
- Transmitting junk or spam, including but not limited to unsolicited mail, fraud, phishing, chain mail, or otherwise engage in unethical marketing or advertising.
- Interfering with, disrupting, disabling, or damaging the operation of the virtual platform or any participant’s enjoyment of them, by any means, including uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses or other malicious code.
- Using the conference platform for any illegal purpose, or in violation of any local, national, or international law or regulation.
- If you have experienced or witnessed a Participant violating this Code of Conduct, please notify a 6th Global Forum staff member by emailing your concern to email@example.com. Please provide as much information as possible. All reports will be kept confidential.
If the Organizers receive reports that a Participant has failed to abide by this Code of Conduct, then the Organizers may take whatever actions they deem appropriate, including, for example, providing a warning and request for the behavior to cease, and/or expelling the Participant from the Conference without refund.
 The Organizers of the 6th Global Forum on TB Vaccines are the Stop TB Partnership Working Group on New TB Vaccines, IAVI, TuBerculosis Vaccine Initiative, Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale (CNRS-Université Toulouse III), and Université Fédérale de Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées.